Thursday 14 January 2016

TIP OF THE WEEK: Cloth Routine & Accessories for Cloth Pads on the go!



Mama Cloth is just as simple on the go as it is at home. I know some people are turned off by the idea of dealing with cloth pads on the go but it really isn't that difficult as long as you have a few handy accessories to make your life easier.

The key is the accessories! Travel Wet Bags & Pad Wrappers make traveling with cloth pads so much easier!

Travel Wet Bags are for sale at my Mama Cloth Web Boutique.  Each travel wet bag has 2 pockets. 1 pocket is zipped (normally that's where I store soiled pads so they are sealed away securely) and one pocket has a snap closure for clean pads ready for use. Travel wet bags are approximately 9 1/2" x 7 1/2" and hold several pads (depending on the size of the pad your carrying). Wet bags are made from PUL fabric which is a waterproof breathable fabric (used to make cloth diapers).  They keep wet/soiled items contained on the go. Each wet bag also has an elastic loop which you can use to hang on bathroom doors so they are up off the ground while you do your thing. The best part is they are machine washable & eco friendly!

Wet bags have many uses around our home. Not just for pads! Soiled hankies, wet swimsuits, soiled baby clothes, kitchen rags/ dish cloths, cloth diapers, cloth nursing pads, cloth wipes & more. They are a great addition to an environmentally conscious home. Wet bags are also available in MEDIUM SIZE at my web boutique (great for household use) and custom orders are also available in larger sizes for your nursery or laundry room.

Pad Wrappers are a MUST for my "On The Go" routine. Pad wrappers are for sale at my web store $3.50ea  or 3 for $10.

It doesn't matter what time of the month it is I am ALWAYS carrying at least 1 wrapper stuffed with a clean pad. You never know right?? I don't often carry a wet bag if I am not expecting my period, but rarely do I ever leave home without a clean pad stuffed in a pad wrapper!

Like wet bags Pad Wrappers are made from the same PUL fabric protecting your soiled pad from anything else it may come in contact with.

Pad wrappers have many uses around our home.  My husband and I have devoted a few for items such as ear buds (otherwise they would be a tangled mess in the bottom of my purse), bandaids (again..lost in the purse of Narnia without these wrappers), and my daughter uses them to hold reusable hankies in her backpack.  Pad Wrappers come in many different colours/prints. I have a chevron wrapper for my pads, a lime green wrapper for my ear buds, and a purple one for bandaids.



Okay, so we have gone over the accessories. Now what about a public bathroom routine?  I don't feel comfortable rinsing my cloth pads in a public sink.  No judgements here if that's what you do. What I do is use the reusable wrapper and deal with it once I am at home.  I remove the fresh pad from the wrapper for use. The soiled pad then goes in my pad wrapper.  To keep things even more contained and sealed I put the wrapper in my travel wet bag. This step isn't necessary but it just makes me feel better considering my 4 year old often enjoys rummaging thru my purse. Once I am at home, I deal with the usual treatment and stain removal of my pads. Voila! Not as hard as it sounds right? No rinsing in public. It's like it never even happened ;)

For more info about these products please check out my web store or feel free to contact me if you have any questions about how to care for your pads & cloth accessories.

All washing instructions are available HERE on my website. I also have a FAQ page worth checking out. You Tube has a LOT to offer in terms of washing routines and care suggestions. I plan on posting some videos of my own this year so keep watch for those! I have tried a few washing methods. Some people soak them until they are ready for the washer. I usually rinse and stain remove them immediately and just leave them in the wet bag until laundry day. Using cloth products isn't as difficult as it sounds. The important part is to find a routine that works for you. Some people make more work for themselves then needed. Do your research and find something that works for you. Please feel free to contact me at any time for suggestions.

Have a good week!

-Meg
Mama Cloth Boutique









No comments:

Post a Comment